Visitor Berthing - Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings are to be made online via the Harbour website (or if within a 24-hour period, directly with the Berthing Office on 01983 872828 extension 1). See also para 3 below.
2. A booking can only be made and confirmed with receipt of the full payment required, either via the online booking system or telephone card payment.
3. Vessels over 18m LOA or with a draft over 2m should please book directly through the Berthing Office. Multihulls should also book directly through the Berthing Office.
4. The booking fees are non-refundable.
Bembridge Harbour Authority Cancellation Credit Note Policy is calculated as follows:
- Cancellations made 3 days or more prior to the booking date affords a 75% credit (25% charge)
- Cancellations made less than 3 days but more than 1 day prior to the booking date affords a 50% credit (50% charge)
- Cancellations made less than 1 day (24hrs) prior to the booking date affords no credit.
Any request for a credit return with a valid reason, will be required in writing to the Harbour Office, and will be made at the discretion of the Harbour Management. Any credit or refund deemed due will be subject to the relevant percentage cancellation and booking fee, as above, and will be made within 28 days subject to the required information being given to Bembridge Harbour Authority.
- Credits issued before the 30th June are valid until the 31st December in the year issued.
- Credits issued from 1st July are valid until 30th June the following year.
Applications for extended credits will be considered if made and justified in writing, quoting the reference number of the credit note issued.
5. Bookings are to be made by individual boat owners only.
In the case of organised and pre-booked groups such as club rallies, a single point of contact (Rally Organiser) should liaise with harbour staff in setting out berthing requirements and any services required, and thereafter assist in the coordination of individual on-line bookings as are required by the group or rally members.
Rally Organisers will be issued with a Rally Code to be used by rally members when making their booking. Any applicable rally discount will be applied automatically to the online booking (if owners do not use the Rally Code, discount will not be given).
6. The allocation of the mooring is at the discretion of the Berthing Master. The booking of a berth does not guarantee a specific berth. Bembridge Harbour Authority reserves the right to change the mooring allocation and relocate the booked berth at their discretion for operational and safety purposes.
7. Rafting of boats may be available on request, however all parties to be included in the raft, must have consented to this style of berthing in advance.
8. Electricity is included in the berthing fee, and also relates to short stay berthing where applicable.
9. Bembridge Harbour Authority reserves the right to increase and decrease the number of berths available to book as is deemed necessary, and without prior notice.
10. Visitors booked on a berth are not entitled to continue using the booked berth for a longer period than the time for which they have booked.
11. Departure of the berth is required by 1200 or by the next available high tide (if high water is before 0700).
12. Arrival to the berth is available from 1200 or the next available high water (if high tide is before 0700).
13. The booking of a berth is subject to availability.
14. Bembridge Harbour Authority reserves the right to charge an amendment and/or processing fee up to the value of £25 per booking. This fee is supplementary to the cancellation fee.
15. Bookings are made with the acceptance of the above terms and conditions and the Bembridge Harbour Authority General Berthing Terms and Conditions.